1. Pingdom Tools – Free/PRO
With Pingdom’s website monitoring you’ll be the first to know when your website is down, and you’ll stay on top of your website’s performance. Monitoring your websites and servers is a smart decision. Pingdom will display the load time of your web page and also provide you with a performance grade based on several important factors.
- Performance overview – We automatically put together plenty of performance-related statistics for you based on the test result
- Performance grade and tips – See how your website conforms to performance best practices from Google Page Speed (similar to Yahoo’s Yslow). You can get some great tips on how to speed up your website this way.
- Trace your performance history – We save each test for you so you can review it later and also see how things change over time (with pretty charts!).
- Test from multiple locations – See how fast a website loads in Europe, the United States, etc.
- Share your results – We’ve made it easy for you to perform a test and share it with your friends, work colleagues or web host.
2. Google PageSpeed – Free
Page Speed Insights measures the performance of a page for mobile devices and desktop devices. It fetches the url twice, once with a mobile user-agent, and once with a desktop-user agent.
The PageSpeed Score ranges from 0 to 100 points. A higher score is better and a score of 85 or above indicates that the page is performing well. Please note that PageSpeed Insights is being continually improved and so the score will change as we add new rules or improve our analysis.
PageSpeed Insights measures how the page can improve its performance on:
- time to above-the-fold load: Elapsed time from the moment a user requests a new page and to the moment the above-the-fold content is rendered by the browser.
- time to full page load: Elapsed time from the moment a user requests a new page to the moment the page is fully rendered by the browser.
2. Contentlook – Free
ContentLook helps you take a look at your whole Content Marketing strategy, including these 6 main areas: Blogging, Traffic, Social Media, SEO, Links and Authority.
If your developers need “solid” documentation about some of the issues, you’ll have it for them as well, by using ContentLook. You can always get easy tips and easy to follow instructions, but you can also get some pretty heavy details, if your team requires this from you.
- an Audit Score for your Content Strategy and its Execution
- insights about the 6 main areas of your content strategy (Blogging, Traffic, SEO, Social Media, Links and Authority)
- PRO Tips, Videos and articles from us
- insights on How To Fix every issue that appears over time
- easy to follow guidelines and explanations, but also heavy documentation for those who require it.
3. GTmetrix – Free/PRO
GTmetrix is also a free tool that grades your website’s speed and has a suite of features and options to make optimizing your website speed clear and easy..
GTmetrix can help you develop a faster, more efficient, and all-around improved website experience for your users.
Keep track of the performance for your page and visualize your history with 3 interactive graphs. Zoom, pan, set a date range and more!
Analyze on an actual Android device. GTmetrix passes your URL through an actual Android device to get real world performance data on your page load.
Test from Multiple Regions. Analyze the page load of your site from 7 different regions around the world
Playback Page Loads with Videos. You can also view your page load in a filmstrip view. This allows you to get a frame-by-frame look at your page loading in real time.
Set up Monitored Alerts. GTmetrix can alert you if your page falls below a certain condition you set!
- Schedule GTmetrix to run a test daily, weekly or monthly on your pages.
5. WebPagetest – Free
WebPagetest is used for measuring and analyzing the performance of web pages.
WebPagetest is an open source project that is primarily being developed and supported by Google as part of our efforts to make the web faster.
Latest posts by Calin Vingan (see all)
- 20 Simple Methods to Get Inbound Links for Your Website - July 19, 2016
- How to Find the Solution to All Your Mobile Website Optimization Problems - August 6, 2015
- What is the Site Visibility Score? - April 26, 2015